Happy Tiger Tuesday: Inclusivity
Join Dr. Dani Barkey, Assistant Superintendent for Elementary Education, and Kelly Meeks, K-12 EL Coordinator, to hear more about the WCS Inclusivity Pillar - one part of our Strategic Plan.
"Our students will thrive academically and socially in a sustainable culture of belonging and empowerment. Members of Warsaw Community Schools will recognize and honor each other as we celebrate our unique, diverse experiences."
- Hire & Train Equitably: Ensure that hiring and training practices acknowledge and represent a variety of cultures, ethnicities, and perspectives.
- Build & Strengthen Relationships: Extend invitations, establish trust, and warmly welcome new faces into the school community.
- Leverage Virtual Mentorship: Involve racially diverse community members in a variety of in-person and/or online opportunities for mentorship, connecting them with students who need positive role models to who they can relate.
- Navigate Crucial Conversations: Empower students to be active participants in enriching the lives of others.
- Encourage Dialogue & Storytelling: Create spaces for students and the school community to celebrate what makes them unique.
Have a Terrific Tiger Tuesday!
#wcsmission #togetherwewarewarsaw #kindnesswcs #experiencewcs
📻 Listen to our stories: Warsaw Community Schools: TigerCast
📳 Get all the latest WCS Stories: WCS App: Apple l WCS App: Google Play
Photo Credits: Rob Robbie Mehling/Office of Immersive Learning Ball State; Ana Manwaring/ WCHS, Kaylynn Anderson/ WCHS, Amanda Scroggs/WCS.