Registration Form: Registration-Form-2017_20160328-184912_1-1.pdf
Summer Session 1: June 5 - 23, 2017
Pre-school - High School
Location: Pre-school - Grade 7, Lakeview Middle School
Location: High School Credit and Credit Recovery, WCHS
Applications available at each elementary and middle school. High school students can enroll online.
Deadline for Applications: May 12, 2017
Summer Session 2: July 10 - 28, 2017
High School Only
Breakfast and lunch provided free of charge to all summer school students. Transportation is available.
Kindergarten Readiness: Funded through United Way
· Target population: students entering kindergarten who never went to preschool. (Only those students who have gone through the Kindergarten screening process.)
Reading Readiness: Title I funding
· Target population: students who have completed kindergarten but are slightly behind and would benefit from a summer intervention to make sure they have the skills needed for 1st grade. (Only those students from Title 1 elementary schools are eligible.)
IREAD: Grades 1 – 3 · Target population: Students who are identified through the use of multiple assessments and teacher recommendation and/or 3rd grade students who did not pass the spring IREAD in 3rd grade. (The 3rd grade students who did not pass the spring IREAD assessment will take the IREAD assessment again at the conclusion of summer school after participating in the summer intervention program.)
Literacy Intervention: Grades 4, 5, 6, and 7
· Target population: students who are behind on basic literacy skills for reading, writing and/or math. (Each elementary school will be permitted to enroll up to 5 per grade level, with the possibility to fill any remaining seats, grades 4 – 6. Each middle school will have 10 seats, grade 7 only.) These spots are limited and the enrollment will close when the classes are filled.
STEM Summer Program: Grades 4, 5, 6
· Students interested in exploring STEM through Inquiry lessons and Project Based Learning. Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences and Biomedical Engineering will be explored in this exciting summer learning opportunity! A STEM learning showcase will be open to the public at the conclusion of the summer session to give students the opportunity to demonstrate their learning.
High School Credit/APEX (credit recovery): Grades 9 – 12 (Category 1)
· Target population: Students interested in earning credits to pursue other courses during the school year and those who need to recover credits not attained yet and needed for graduation.
Contact JoElla Smyth, WCS Summer Program Coordinator
Summer Camps Available in July:
Some Scholarships Available
July 10 - 14, 2017
Art in the Great Outdoors: Grades 1 - 3 Cost $100
Nature will be our classroom! Art and nature will come together as we explore the garden, creek and woods near the school. Let’s study like the famous scientist and artist Leonardo Da Vinci. He learned by careful observation and sketching scientific specimens.
Another famous French artist Claude Monet painted outdoors and was careful to notice the light and color around him. Let’s get outside and paint the beautiful colors of summer in Indiana!
Participants will create a variety of artwork to include a handmade sketchbook/journal, art with botanical accent, watercolor nature scene and woodland inspired collage and sculpture The time frame and format of this class will provide the perfect setting for in depth study not present in the regular school curriculum.
Course instructor, Mrs. Johnson is an experienced art teacher and certified Master Gardener and is anxious to share her love of art and nature with children.
Ivy Tech Camp: 3D CAD and 3-D Printing: Grades 5-7 — Cost $100
See Flyers for details:
July 17 - 21, 2017
Art in the Great Outdoors: Grades 4 - 6 Cost $100
Ivy Tech 3D CAM & CNC Manufacturing Camp :Grades 5-7 — Cost $100 CAD/CAM (Computer Aided Design/Manufacture) CNC Machining (Computer Numerical Control)
See Flyers for details:
Camp Applications are available online. Please download and print Registration-Form-2017_20160328-184912_1-1.pdf, complete and return with your payment to your school office or send to:
Edgewood Middle School
Attn: JoElla Smyth
900 S. Union Street
Warsaw, Indiana 46580