• Centers for Disease Control recommends a yearly flu vaccine as the single most important way to protect yourself against the flu virus.
• The flu vaccine can reduce flu illnesses, doctor appointments, missed school and work, as well as preventing hospitalizations from flu-related illnesses.
• Everyone 6 months and older should receive a flu vaccine.
• Flu vaccines can be given as early as October, but can continue to be given throughout flu season. Flu related illnesses usually peak in January, so get your vaccine now. It will take 2 weeks for the vaccine to develop antibodies in your body that will provide protection against the flu.
• You can receive a flu vaccine in most pharmacies, urgent care centers, doctor’s offices and college health centers.
PASIEKA / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY / Universal Images Group
Rights Managed / For Education Use Only